25% of Salus Products!
*Prices as marked
Formulated by Salus
Nettle is a plant that has been used for centuries to improve health and wellness.
In modern medicine, research has shown that nettle contains a variety of compounds, including antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, minerals, and more, that are biologically active and benefit the body1.
Long term inflammation in the body can lead to chronic disease, including heart disease, diabetes, and asthma. Nettle hasanti-inflammatory propertiesthat work by blocking the production if inflammatory mediators in the body and helping to re-balance the immune system1.
This anti-inflammatoryactivity is why nettle has been shown to improve symptoms in autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis2. Nettle also reduces symptoms of joint pain, reduce pain medication use, and improve quality of life in people with osteoarthritis3.
Nettle alleviates seasonal allergy symptoms by acting as an antihistamine4. Histamine is the substance that causes symptoms of itching, watery eyes, puffiness, and congestion that we typically experience with seasonal allergies. Nettle has compounds that block histamine receptors and stabilize the cells (called mast cells) that normally would release histamine in the body4.
Nettle is also a nutritive plant. It provides a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc5, and antioxidants5,6.
Nettle Plant Juice provides a biologically active, whole plant source of an herb that has been used for centuries to improve overall health and wellness.
Nettle Plant Juice contains anti-inflammatory components that can improve pain in inflammatory conditions like arthritis2,3.
Nettle Plant Juice contains antihistamine activity that prevents and alleviates symptoms of seasonal allergies4.
Nettle Plant Juice is also nutritive. It is a rich source of minerals including iron and calcium5, and antioxidants like carotenoids that can heal damage in the body6.
Nettle Plant Juice is made from organic, fresh nettle herb and root that is pressed and sealed within 2-3 hours of harvesting the plant. Since it is made from the whole plant, it contains a full spectrum of active herb ingredients. It does not contain preservatives, additives, or alcohol.
Dr. Hilary’s Tips for Reducing Inflammation
- Minimize Stress: Chronic stress causes an increase in inflammation. While stress is an unavoidable aspect of life, we can work to control our response in stressful situations. Deep breathing, meditation, setting boundaries, and self-care are all important ways that we can reduce inflammation by minimizing stress.
- Improve Diet: Processed foods, sugar, and trans fats are all causes of chronic inflammation. Focus on eating a diet rich in lean protein, a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. If you keep to the outside edges of the grocery store and cook most of your own meals, you will be well on your way to a healthy diet.
- Prioritize Sleep: Getting fewer than six hours, more than eight hours, or having disturbed sleep are associated with increased levels of inflammation. Setting a bedtime, limiting electronic use before bed, and sleeping in a dark room can significantly improve sleep quality and quantity, which reduces inflammation.
- Stay Hydrated: Water helps flush out inflammatory debris, and dehydration acts as an added stressor on the body1. Always keep a reusable water bottle with you, and set reminders on your phone, or drink herbal teas to help motivate you to stay hydrated.
- Address The Root Cause: Treat the chronic infection, injury, or environmental exposure to target and eliminate the underlying reason for inflammation.
HOW IT WORKS
Nettle (Urtica dioica)
- Anti-inflammatory that improves pain and quality of life in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis1-3
- Antihistamine that alleviates symptoms of seasonal and environmental allergies4
- Rich source of antioxidants and minerals, including calcium, iron5,6
Nettle Juice provides an organic, fresh source of the whole nettle plant, which has been used for centuries to benefit our overall health.
Nettle reduces inflammation to improvesymptoms in autoimmune diseases2, joint pain3, and other chronic health conditions1. Nettle has antihistaminic activity thatalleviates symptoms of seasonal and environmental allergies4. Nettle is a rich source of antioxidants6, vitamins, and minerals, including calcium and iron5.
Nettle Juice is a simple way to boost overall wellness by harnessing the many health benefits of nettle.
Each 20 ml Contains
Nettle (Urtica dioica) 20 ml
Ingredients: Nettle juice made from fresh nettle (Urtica dioica) herb and root
Vegan | Gluten Free | Contains No Priority Allergens
Adults: Take 20ml daily, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
- Kregiel D, Pawlikowska E, Antolak H. Urtica: Ordinary Plants with Extraordinary Properties. Molecules. 2018;23(7):1664.
- Klingelhoefer S., Obertreis B., Quast S., Behnke B. Antirheumatic effect of IDS 23, a stinging nettle leaf extract, on in vitro expression of T helper cytokines. Rheumatol. 1999;26:2517–2522.
- Chrubasik S., Enderlein W., Bauer R., Grabner W. Evidence for antirheumatic effectiveness of Herba Urticae dioicae in acute arthritis: a pilotstudy. Phytomedicine. 1997;4(2):105–108.
- Roschek B., Jr., Fink R.C., McMichael M., Alberte R.S. Nettle extract (Urtica dioica) affects key receptors and enzymes associated with allergic rhinitis. Phytother Res. 2009;23:920–926.
- Adhikari BM, Bajracharya A, Shrestha AK. Comparison of nutritional properties of Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) flour with wheat and barley flours. Food Sci Nutr. 2015;4(1):119-124.
- Khare V, et al. Pharmacognostic evaluation and antioxidant activity of Urtica dioica Chin Med UK.2012;3:128–135.