Handmade outside of Hamilton, these dryer balls are a nifty invention that save time and money!
By reducing drying time, they save on electricity & preserve the lifespan of your clothing.
No chemicals, perfumes or dyes are used to make them. Each ball is hand crafted using only Corriedale wool. They are tested to last for 500+ loads. Simply store them in your dryer between loads.
Dryer Balls & The Environment:
First, If you can avoid using the dryer altogether, it is best. Drying racks are always a better option - outside in the summer, and inside in the winter.
However, if you do use a dryer, consider using wool dryer balls to shorten drying time! Each ball weighs about two ounces. Use three at a time to absorb moisture, rotate clothes and provide better air circulation.
Why use wool dryer balls?
- Depending on the make and model of your dryer, they decrease drying time by 30 to 50 per cent, saving energy and money
- Decreased wrinkles = less time ironing!
- No static
- Safe for people with sensitive skin (works well with cloth diapers)
How to use wool dryer balls
- Best for natural fibers, like cotton (not acrylics or polyester blends)
- Use all three at once to ensure balance, consistency, and efficiency
- They’ll pill—it means they’re working
- To scent clothes, add a few drops of an essential oil to each ball
- Store them in a well-ventilated area (never in plastic)
Do wool dryer balls work in all types of dryers?
Yes. But the size of the laundry load, model, and make of machine will determine the degree of efficiency. A newer machine will have better efficiency performance overall. But you can reduce drying time by 30 per cent even with an older dryer model.