Looking for a cloth filter for you Chemex? This is the one! Using soft, organic cotton, and comes in a pack of two - so you've always got a spare.
We love the difference this filter makes. Not only are you reusing your filter, you're also creating a totally different flavour profile than you would get with paper or metal filters. Cloth filters allow more oils through, and therefore give you more body - without sacrificing complexity.
Use & Care
- Initially, boil new filters in fresh water to clean and shrink for 10 minutes.
- Using your favourite method of brewing, add the desired amount of coffee, and brew as is customary.
- After brewing, discard grounds (great for the compost), and thoroughly rinse the filter.
- Hang filter to dry.
- Periodically, once every 4-6 weeks boil filters in fresh water to remove accumulated coffee oils.
- If the filters are soiled with perishable food at anytime, boil for at least 5 minutes to sanitize.